Status
    Anonymous
    tumblr_n9nj33H4o11skkrsfo1_500
    TEAM FREE WILL: Post apocalyptic legends
    Inspired directly by, and made tribute for this AMAZING POST
    tumblr_lruidwcLEA1qcw5too1_500
    urufixx:

Tree by Anthony K. on Flickr.

one day, the impala is going to be left somewhere, sam and dean on their way to some kind of battle for the world that they win. they save the world with the sacrifice of their lives, and they leave her behind. black paint, metal and chrome, their home, and she carried them so far.

they’ve long been dead, legends in the minds of those who know the truth. sam and dean who saved the world and never looked back. the impala, who carried them. the impala who sat in a field and waited. the impala who waited for them to come back.

the impala who was left alone.

she’s beyond old by the time a tree begins to grow underneath her hood. twenty years before it breaks through, another twenty before it swells, branches out, becomes a thing worthy of recognizing.

people gather around her. place significance on her.

in a post-apocalyptic world, she’s an icon.

but inside, she’ll always be a husk

waiting for her boys to come back to her.

www.flickr.com/photos/anthony-kretowicz/
    http://urufixx.tumblr.com/post/10460613280/tree-by-anth

Cacciatore/trice Soprannaturale

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    tumblr_nl2u3dB3OW1sj5fe0o1_500
    6x14

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    ‘Supernatural’ Impala is a big-block powered demon hunter

This black Impala is an automotive star on the 'Supernatural' TV series and it's not just a prop
    http://driving.ca/chevrolet/impala/auto-ne...ed-demon-hunter

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    spoiler stagione 11

tumblr_nxmvh19ckz1rds012o1_500
    This Baby is one of eight cars used on the series. As you might guess from its pristine condition, it’s the hero car. The Impala pictured is in mostly every shot featuring the car and is used almost every day. [Picture car coordinator Jeff] Budnick said it’s the most mint one he’s seen, and definitely the best of their fleet. When they first purchased it, the car had 12,000 miles. Though Sam and Dean drive it all over the United States chasing monsters, the car only has a modest 15,000 miles now.

Since the Impala is crashed on a regular basis – it got rather wrecked in the recent episode “Baby” – Budnick keeps an eye out for back up cars and parts on online auction sites like craigslist. As he walked us around the Impala, Budnick said, “The last one I bought was in Nebraska, and I drove down there and picked it up from here [here is Vancouver]. It was a two day drive. They’re hard to find because the show has made this car so popular. These cars at one time were five hundred dollar cars because they’re four door and nobody wanted them. But, Supernatural turned this car into an iconic one. Everybody who has one – even if it’s in rough shape, they want five thousand and up for them. So I buy them as soon as I find them, even rough ones for parts because we go through a lot of parts. I have a warehouse just full of Impala parts and cars.”

In case you’re wondering, they do keep the trashed versions of the car. Ackles posted about seeing the Season 1 finale Impala recently, and it’s still around. Budnick said they have a yard where they keep all the wrecks. He mentioned the Season 1 Impala makes an appearance in a bush in the background of Season 11’s third episode, and that he works those car-shaped easter eggs in when he can: “I do that quite a bit. If you actually really look close, you’ll see a lot of stuff. If I have a junkyard scene, you’ll see Impala doors or hoods from the car that were crunched from different episodes we’ve done. I always try to do that.”

Source:
    Going under the Hood of SUPERNATURAL’S Impala (November 10, 2015)

http://nerdist.com/going-under-the-hood-of...aturals-impala/
    http://nerdist.com/jensen-ackles-finds-the...eason-1-impala/

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jared Padalecki ‏@jarpad
    LOVE this!! Killer ride Nathan. Steve, you get the "Dad Of The Year" award ;) http://www.superchevy.com/features/1511-a-...evrolet-impala/ … #SPNFamiIy

Jensen Ackles ‏@JensenAckles
    Jensen Ackles ha ritwittato Jared Padalecki
    I concur @jarpad this is pretty cool. Well done fellas. Lemme know when u wanna race. #SPNFamiIly

A 16th Birthday Present Becomes a Show-Stopping 1966 Chevrolet Impala
    The Supernatural: This 16th Birthday Present – A Stunning ’66 Impala – Is The Stuff Of Dreams
    1966-chevy-impala-front-side-view
    http://www.superchevy.com/features/1511-a-...evrolet-impala/

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Memorable Moments: Supernatural's Impala - aka Metallicar - aka "Baby"

http://www.thewinchesterfamilybusiness.com...llicar-aka-baby

spoiler stagioni 10 e 11

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Eric Kripke ‏@therealKripke
    I gave Dean my wife's bday, Sam has my son's bday, but I saved Baby's bday for myself. 4/24! #HappyBdayBaby. #SPN
    Cg0ffvXUcAEA7wU

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    18094909_1915194288766078_4724124078938521600_n
    samsmithgramsI hear it's your birthday, #sweetheart! We've seen some things! #happybirthdaybaby #supernatural #baby
    www.instagram.com/p/BTRo4YBh3B_/

Eric Kripke‏ @therealKripke
    Thanks for the bday wishes to me and #Baby, everyone. Very kind. Yes, it's true, I love her so much, I gave her my bday. #SPNFamily
    C-MOu14VwAAWkVw

Robbie Thompson @rthompson1138
    In risposta a @therealKripke
    Happy B-Day to you both! #HappyBirthdayKripke #HappyBirthdayBaby

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jensen Ackles‏ @JensenAckles
    Happy Birthday @therealKripke , u stud. And happy birthday #baby , you sweet rockin piece of metal heaven! #spnfamily

Eric Kripke ha ritwittato Jensen Ackles
    Thanks, brother. And thanks to you and @jarpad for keeping such a steady hand on the wheel. And Zeppelin rules. @JensenAckles #spnfamily

Jared Padalecki‏ @jarpad
    Jared Padalecki ha ritwittato Eric Kripke
    Love ya brother. Happy BD

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    SPN Baby‏ @TheRealSPNBaby1
    It's my Birthday but I won't cry even if I want to! Thank you for all the kind B-Day wishes! I wonder when I get my @AARP card? #SPNFamily

Misha Collins‏ @mishacollins
    Happy birthday to a couple of verified classics- #Baby & @therealkripke!

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Eric Kripke‏ @therealKripke In risposta a @jarpad Right back at you, @jarpad. Love to you, @realGpad, and the kids. Miss you. #spnfamily
    C-RIi5oUMAA0YCu

Eric Kripke ha ritwittato Misha Collins
    Thanks, @mishacollins. One is squeaky, loud, and leaks. The other's a damn fine car. #spnfamily

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    buon compleanno Baby ;)

tumblr_p7pdndvZ991tyanndo1_1280

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    tumblr_inline_p0kr90eUio1ruhlbg_500
    This car is “Hero #3” (with the first and second cars being on set the day we visited). Picture Car Coordinator Jeff Budnick is in charge of looking after all of the Impalas on set. SUPERNATURAL has nine of its signature car in total – three “Hero” cars, three stunt cars, a few versions that are wrecked, and a cut-up car. The cup-up car is basically a shell of a car and the roof and doors are all able to come off easily so they “can get different angles” when filming.

Hero #1 has a “big block motor in it, a 502”, while the rest of them have “small block” motors. For example, Hero #3 is not a high-performance car, but it runs fine.

tumblr_inline_p0kr90xZpd1ruhlbg_500

Three of the cars have the rearview mirrors on magnets so they can easily come off for shooting. Some of the windshields are also clear, while others have a blue-tinted band to them. They try to use the clear windshields for the “PMP shots”. Some cars also have tinted glass and those are primarily used when they have a double driving the car at night so that the identity of the driver is less noticeable.

Budnick thinks that SUPERNATURAL’s early years of utilizing the PMP technique looked a bit fake, but that the show has come a long way in achieving a far more natural look over the years.

tumblr_inline_p0kr92S7571ruhlbg_500

Fans all over the world are building the cars – as far away as Brazil and Sweden, according to Budnick. Fans even contact Budnick to find out “what color I use for this [piece], or stuff like that”. But the interest in the car has made it a bit difficult to find parts, and the parts that Budnick and other fans find are much more expensive than they were when SUPERNATURAL began. “You can’t find a rusted-out basket case for under $10,000 now”, when the car used to be worth $2,500. But apparently car manufacturers are making more reproduction parts for the Impala now because the interest in the model has grown with the show, and so that is making things a bit easier for Budnick.

tumblr_inline_p0kr92SXVO1ruhlbg_500

Back in the very early seasons of the show, the Impala used to have the “spotlights” that you can see on the side of the windshield here. But they were “taken off because the director/producer at the time, Kim Manners, [said] they were always in the way of the camera. So they were always moving them out of the way. One day he goes ‘just take them off’. So I did,” Budnick said. “And then the fans went crazy. It really showed you how passionate the fans were about the car.”

tumblr_inline_p0kr92zVAz1ruhlbg_500

Another reason they picked the Impala (other than creator Eric Kripke’s oft-quoted desire for a cool car with a big trunk), is the fact that the cameras in the earlier years used to be very big. And so production wanted a big “four-door sedan to get in and out of.” Now they have smaller HD cameras and don’t need such a large car, and yet the car has become iconic.

tumblr_inline_p0kr92GMZk1ruhlbg_500

Behind the scenes tidbit: apparently “Jared [Padalecki]’s hit a few things over the years” when driving the car.

SUPERNATURAL: Behind the Scenes With Set Design and the Impala

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2017/12/06/supe...ion-the-impala/

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    @WinFamBusiness
    A Lead Character in #Supernatural since Day 1! Everyone loves BABY!

Read how 1 Fan got the Gift of a Lifetime!
    https://thewinchesterfamilybusiness.com/ar...etty-the-impala
    @bettytheimpala @BettinaBier
    DwBYFgqUwAAVqdp

121 replies since 30/9/2011, 00:53   3174 views