Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    Looks like we got work to do. #SaveTheWinchesters #spnfamily

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/1656799421353295876

The Winchesters canceled at the CW after 1 season
    The network has also axed Kung Fu after three seasons.
    By Samantha Highfill.

It's a sad day for the Supernatural family.

The CW has canceled the Supernatural prequel The Winchesters after a single season. Launched in October, the series followed a young John (Drake Rodger) and Mary (Meg Donnelly) from their first meeting to their first kiss, and of course, their first monster hunt… together, that is. (Mary had been hunting for years.)

The news is particularly upsetting when you consider how season 1 ended, with the reveal that this story took place in a different universe from Supernatural, and therefore the options were limitless in terms of potential returning faces from the flagship series. Already in its one season, the show brought back Supernatural alums Ruth Connell, Richard Speight Jr., Alexander Calvert, Jim Beaver, and Jensen Ackles, who served as an executive producer on the series alongside his wife, Danneel.

In addition to The Winchesters, the CW has canceled Kung Fu after three seasons. The news comes a day after the network axed Walker: Independence and renewed Walker for a shortened season 4.

"As we reimagine the new CW, we had to make some tough programming decisions," the network said in a statement Thursday. "We thank our partners at Warner Bros. and the casts and creative teams of Kung Fu and The Winchesters for all their hard work, creativity and dedication."

https://ew.com/tv/the-winchesters-canceled-cw/

Cacciatore/trice Soprannaturale

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    Let’s go!!!! #SaveTheWinchesters

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/1656799954025828352

Deadline Hollywood
    @DEADLINE
    'The Winchesters' Canceled By The CW After One Season, 'Supernatural' Prequel Will Be Shopped
    https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-wincheste...uel-1235357935/

‘The Winchesters’ Canceled By The CW After One Season, ‘Supernatural’ Prequel Will Be Shopped

The CW has opted not to pick up a second season of The Winchesters. The news is not surprising; the Supernatural prequel was among the long-shot renewal prospects at the network under its new ownership as it focuses on unscripted and lower-cost scripted programming (primarily international acquisitions/co-productions) in pursuit of profitability.

RELATED STORY
    TV Series Fading To Black In 2023 & Beyond: Photo Gallery Of Canceled Shows
    So far, only the CW’s strongest existing scripted series, All American and Walker, have been renewed for next season. The three least likely, The Winchesters, Kung Fu and Walker Independence, have been canceled. Remaining in limbo are Superman & Lois and All American: Homecoming, which are believed to have the best chance (however small it may be), followed by Gotham Knights.

RELATED: ‘Kung Fu’ Canceled By The CW After 3 Seasons

Having seen the writing on the wall, The Winchesters studio Warner Bros. Television has been preparing to look for a new home, and plans to be aggressive in its efforts, we hear.

Series’ executive producer (and Supernatural star) Jensen Ackles will likely mobilize Supernatural fans in a Save the Show campaign that could help the series find a new outlet. (The original show, which ran for 15 seasons, remains on Netflix.)

RELATED: 2023 Premiere Dates For New & Returning Series On Broadcast, Cable & Streaming

Starring Meg Donnelly and Drake Rodger, The Winchesters hails from the Supernatural trio of Robbie Thompson, Jensen Ackles and Danneel Ackles, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Studios.

Written and executive produced by Thompson, The Winchesters is a prequel to the CW’s long-running Supernatural, centered on Dean and Sam Winchester’s parents – John and Mary. Told from the perspective of narrator Dean Winchester (voiced by Jensen Ackles), The Winchesters is the epic, untold love story of how John (Rodger) met Mary (Donnelly) and how they put it all on the line to not only save their love but the entire world.

RELATED: 2023 The CW Pilots & Series Orders

Jensen and Danneel Ackles executive produce via their banner Chaos Machine Productions. Chaos Machine produced in association with Warner Bros. TV and CBS Studios. Glen Winter serves as executive producer and pilot director. David H. Goodman and John er serve as executive producers.

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    jensenackles
    This crazy gang put this together in a matter of hours. Now let’s see what this fandom can do! 😉🙏🏼. #SaveTheWinchesters

www.instagram.com/p/CsH6JYItyWJ/

#SaveTheWinchesters

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The Winchesters has more story to tell, and they’re ready to fight for it

Following its cancellation, The Winchesters' cast is speaking out about finding it a new home.
    Di Samantha Highfill

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2022%2F10%2F11%2FThe-Winchesters-101122

For years, The CW tried to figure out how it could capitalize on the success of Supernatural, its 15-season phenomenon following Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) as brothers destined to save the world... more than once. During Supernatural's run, the network attempted to launch not one but two spin-offs to no avail (though Wayward Sisters deserved better).

So when Supernatural ended in 2020, fans thought they were done with that world (at least until Padalecki and Ackles feel it's time for a revival). But during quarantine, Ackles teamed up with his wife, Danneel, to launch Chaos Machine Productions. One of their big priorities? The Winchesters, a Supernatural prequel that would follow Sam and Dean's parents, John and Mary, as they met in the 1970s and launched a family legacy.

"If you're going to spin off from this world, it's gotta be about a main character, it's gotta be about a Winchester," Jensen Ackles told EW at the time. "I think it was Danneel who was like, 'Well, it's your mom and dad.'"

On Oct. 11, 2022, The Winchesters premiered, offering fans a welcome return to the Supernatural world. With Dean narrating, the series introduced a young John (Drake Rodger), home from Vietnam, as he met Mary (Meg Donnelly) and discovered the truth that would come to define their lives together: Monsters exist.

For 13 episodes, fans were back in the world they loved — this time around, though, things were a little different. As any good prequel does, The Winchesters expanded on the world and the lore of the flagship series, striking that crucial balance between the new and familiar. They’d cracked the code on how to keep this story alive without Sam and Dean, by shifting the focus from brothers to friends and, for the first time, telling a central Supernatural love story.

In its final episode, The Winchesters opened up the world by revealing that we weren’t watching Sam and Dean’s John and Mary, but rather the John and Mary of another universe. In other words, the multiverse is the limit when it comes to future stories. “I feel like episode 13 was us literally dropping the engine block in and being like, ‘Okay fire it up,’” Ackles tells EW. “We blew the proverbial doors off. I think the potential is massive.”

Yes, the potential is massive, even after the show’s cancellation by The CW, because he and the cast have already launched a #SaveTheWinchesters campaign to find the story a new home. “There’s a lot of story to tell here and there’s a huge fan base that is very actively engaged and willing to support it,” he says.

The power of the SPN Family has been documented many times (and cannot fully be explained). It’s how the show landed its first EW cover back in 2016 — because the fans voted for it. It’s a passion that Ackles saw the instant he tweeted out the news that the show had been canceled. “They are fired up,” he says of the fans. “I love that about this fandom. I love that they are so passionate about this world and this universe and these characters that they are willing to go to the mat for a show like this. I think that speaks volumes, especially to those who are willing to listen and have the power to do something about it.”

As for Ackles, he’s feeling optimistic about a future for the show. After all, Dean Winchester’s been knocked down more than a few times, and that’s never stopped him from getting back up.

“I do feel hopeful and I don’t know whether that’s just the optimistic side of me, which I didn’t know existed in this capacity,” he says with a laugh. “I’ve been moving more toward a curmudgeon, more toward what we all thought Dean Winchester would dive into when he got older. That’s just the Dean in me. But I do have this crazy optimism for this show and I think it largely resides in the energy that we found on set with this cast and this crew. That crazy optimism is one of the reasons why this show made it on air in the first place, and I think it’s one of the several reasons why the show should continue somewhere.”

For those wondering, Ackles says they’ve already started discussing ideas for what a new season could hold. “We were talking not only about story and where we wanted to take our cast, we were talking about who we were going to bring back from the mothership,” he says, adding that he received text messages from a few Supernatural alums who were bummed they didn’t make it on season 1. “We were putting together a lot of tricks to keep up our sleeve and keep it exciting, not just for the new fans but for the returning fans as well.”

Much like creator Eric Kripke had at the start of Supernatural, Winchesters showrunner Robbie Thompson has a five-season plan for the story. “Hopefully we get to execute that,” Ackles says. “I just think that there’s a way to keep this alive and it would be a shame to let that go.”

Looking even further into the future, Ackles adds, “And then we don’t know what it would look like beyond that but there was certainly a way of tying this into like a possible return of Supernatural down the line, which Robbie and I had talked about. It’s something that Jared and I have talked about, what that might look like.”

For now, it looks like hope. And the cast has a lot of that. See the cast share their thoughts below:

Drake Rodgers

“Working on The Winchesters for the past year has been such an incredible honor. The fandom is so immense and passionate for this universe. They’ve been so accepting and supportive toward the show, it’s made the entire process a dream. It would be a shame not to continue exploring the vast world we’ve built and grown to love so much. There’s so much opportunity for new storylines and perspectives on the Supernatural universe.”

Meg Donnelly

“I’ve learned so much about myself working on this show. The Winchesters is a beautiful story of stopping at nothing to help the people you love. There is so much more of this story that needs to be told and it would be honor to keep playing such an iconic character like Mary Campbell.”

JoJo Fleites

“This story is worth fighting for because everyone can relate to these characters in some way, shape, or form. They are universal and timeless and they speak to so many people. I love that people see themselves in Mary, John, Carlos, Lata, Millie, Ada and all of these other characters. We want to keep telling the story and I specifically want to keep inspiring those that may not feel represented, such as people of color, the outcasts, the LGBTQIA+ community, and so on. It means a lot.”

Nida Khurshid

“Continuing the legacy of the hugely successful show, Supernatural, has not only been humbling and thrilling but also a way for me to represent my heritage proudly through the character I get to play. Fighting for what you believe in whether it be saving the world from monsters or standing up for your friends, I believe our show can inspire that sense of courage and direction to fight for what’s right in a world that needs it.”

Demetria McKinney

“This show has been such an incredible bridge, not only in connecting the Supernatural origin dots, but bridging the gap between day-to-day and fantasy. Stepping away from life for a moment to recharge is something I don’t take for granted. The added bonus of doing that in a space that is familiar (in its Supernatural nature) and mysterious (in its own right) isn’t something you get to do often. The array of characters made everyone feel they had a place in this space. And I loved living out these stories with this cast and crew! Thanks for all the support you all gave us! We hope we get to play again one day.”

Bianca Kajlich

“The Winchesters has been one of those 'lightning in a bottle’ experiences. From the cast’s very first dinner all the way through to the final few scenes of our season, we bonded over our shared desire to tell this story in our own way. We became a family within a family within a family! And from our family to yours, we believe in this story, this universe, and all the fans that light the way for us.”

The series might have a fight ahead, but thankfully, if anyone knows how to put up a fight, it’s a Winchester.

EW

https://ew.com/tv/the-winchesters-cancella...-jensen-ackles/

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    danneelackles512
    What an honor it has been to work on Season 1 of the Winchesters….We would love the opportunity to continue this journey with you. #savethewinchesters #spnfamily

jeffreydeanmorgan
    Love this! Good group of punks here!!! Good luck to all on finding a new home. Show, fans, these actors, you two… did the work to more than deserve another 19 seasons. Xxx

www.instagram.com/p/CsH6sYDLt2Q/

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    To all those helping us find this show a home…🙏🏼. The response has been amazing. Let’s keep it up!!!#SaveTheWinchesters

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/1658110895287934977

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jared Padalecki
    @jarpad
    Family don’t end in cancellation, y’all. Spread the word & help suppprt my friends’ shows. They deserve it. So get this: #SaveTheWinchesters #RenewGothamKnights

https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/1658492132217303040

Gil McKinney
    @GilMcKinney
    “You're also Winchesters. As long as we're alive, there's always hope. I didn't know my son as a man, but having met you two, I know I would have been proud of him.” - Henry Winchester #SaveTheWinchesters

https://twitter.com/GilMcKinney/status/1658330533578022912

Group

Status
    Anonymous

tonpol64
    #savethewinchesters

www.instagram.com/p/CsSUIn4MfF-/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ%3D%3D

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    To all of you who watched, followed, and supported this story, THANK YOU. And to all those who brought this show to life…I couldn’t be more proud of what we all did together. But as they say…timing is everything. With a massive Network shift coupled with an industry strike…welp…that’s some unfortunate timing. Sleep well dear
    @WinchestersOnCW
    …until we meet again. Somewhere down the road. 🙏🏼

Deadline Hollywood
    @DEADLINE
    'The Winchesters' Officially Dead After Efforts To Find New Home Fail
    https://deadline.com/2023/06/the-wincheste...led-1235399491/

World Apocalipse

Group
    Dean's addicted

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (trimmer @ 3/6/2023, 15:35) 
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    To all of you who watched, followed, and supported this story, THANK YOU. And to all those who brought this show to life…I couldn’t be more proud of what we all did together. But as they say…timing is everything. With a massive Network shift coupled with an industry strike…welp…that’s some unfortunate timing. Sleep well dear
    @WinchestersOnCW

Deadline Hollywood
    @DEADLINE

Purtroppo con lo sciopero degli sceneggiatori era estremamente difficile che ce la facessero. Non so nemmeno cosa potessero fare in questo momento, ma da quello che so molto poco.

Non ricordo se avessi condiviso questa cosa:

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    Waiting until after the strike began to cancel good shows — when showrunners are not able to go pitch those shows to other homes — is a dick move. 👎

https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656139589889949704

Qui le chiedevano cosa potessero fare in particolare per The Winchesters:

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    It’s tough to say. Robbie can’t pitch it anywhere until the strike is over. Non-writing producers can — but Jensen & Danneel left their deal at Warner Bros, and Warner Bros owns Supernatural and all related properties.
    https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656761356438360064

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    (Also it’s v frowned upon for non-writing producers to pitch a show whose showrunner is on strike — it’s scabbing.)

HBO Max is the best bet bc they’re owned by WB and might not need the next season to be pitched to them. So maybe watch it on HBO Max a bunch to drive up numbers.

https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656762496257236992

Quindi non è che potessero fare moltissimo.
    Tempismo davvero di merda è stato. Che sfiga.

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (goldfish @ 3/6/2023, 16:16) 
    CITAZIONE (trimmer @ 3/6/2023, 15:35) 
    Jensen Ackles
    @JensenAckles
    @WinchestersOnCW

Deadline Hollywood
    @DEADLINE

Purtroppo con lo sciopero degli sceneggiatori era estremamente difficile che ce la facessero. Non so nemmeno cosa potessero fare in questo momento, ma da quello che so molto poco.

Non ricordo se avessi condiviso questa cosa:

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    Waiting until after the strike began to cancel good shows — when showrunners are not able to go pitch those shows to other homes — is a dick move. 👎

https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656139589889949704

Qui le chiedevano cosa potessero fare in particolare per The Winchesters:

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    It’s tough to say. Robbie can’t pitch it anywhere until the strike is over. Non-writing producers can — but Jensen & Danneel left their deal at Warner Bros, and Warner Bros owns Supernatural and all related properties.
    https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656761356438360064

carina adly mackenzie
    @cadlymack
    (Also it’s v frowned upon for non-writing producers to pitch a show whose showrunner is on strike — it’s scabbing.)

HBO Max is the best bet bc they’re owned by WB and might not need the next season to be pitched to them. So maybe watch it on HBO Max a bunch to drive up numbers.

https://twitter.com/cadlymack/status/1656762496257236992

Quindi non è che potessero fare moltissimo.
    Tempismo davvero di merda è stato. Che sfiga.

già <_<

Group

Status
    Anonymous

SPN Chicago 23 || Jojo, Meg & Drake- Saying goodbye to The Winchesters

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Drake Rodger @imDrakeRodger
    best day of filming hands down @JensenAckles
    #thewinchesters

https://twitter.com/imDrakeRodger/status/1666160497790427138

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    🎥 • Qualche tempo fa @JensenAckles è stato ospite sul podcast @SPNthenandnow
    per parlare di #TheWinchesters Qui sotto puoi trovare un'anteprima di un episodio in cui è presente e su Patreon puoi guardare tutto.
    #jensenackles #spnfamily #supernatural

https://twitter.com/JensenAcklesPL/status/...367402947874838

www.patreon.com/SPNthenandnow

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Kean Magno
    @khailmagno
    For the past few years, I've been perusing witchcraft and horror magazines. For the first time ever, I finally see
    @RuthieConnell 's Rowena featured among other famous TV/movie witches. Not only is #Supernatural finally mentioned, so is #TheWinchesters ‼️

#SPN #SPNFamily

https://twitter.com/khailmagno/status/1722634535727497601

375 replies since 5/2/2022, 07:21   4097 views