« Older   Newer »

1. trimmer

Cacciatore/trice Soprannaturale

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    J2 PhxCon 2016 Main Panel
    sammyhale:
    J2 tease Rob and Rich while they’re still on stage. Jensen teases Rob about his stage dive during the SNS when he fell. Jared talks about Rich using their character names when he directs.
    Jared says he loves Rob as he’s leaving stage, Rob said it made him feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Jared on him and Jensen: “Royal bearded we” Jensen: Royal? Jared: It sounded cool. Fan yells out, “Sexy!” Jared: Your words not mine. Then says,”Sexy bearded we.” Jared starts to striptease.
    Jared uses “y’all” and the audience mimics it back. Jensen translates: you people.
    Jared loves cons during hiatus because the audience knows as much as they do about the show, the boys don’t have to worry about spoilers, etc.
    When they bring up the Phoenix Zoo, lots of people cheer. Jensen: Do you all work at the zoo? Jared: Who’s watching the zoo?!
    Purple Rain was never really rehearsed all the way before last night’s performance at SNS.
    A fan asks how do AKF and YANA correlate with each other? Jared talks about how they’ve been able to open up a dialogue with the SPNFamily, how there’s something special about it and how the cast realized that they’re in a cool situation. Refers to the fans and the SPNFamily as “their own world.” Jared says AKF and LYF meant a lot to him, and YANA, too, because something means something to you and then it develops and it grows. To Always Keep Fighting and to Love Yourself First and to realize that You Are Not Alone. Jared wants to remind people that thank him for helping them that it was them who got themselves through it, that it was their strength and sacrifice that got them there today.
    Fan wants to know if there’s a reason the Impala is an automatic. Can they not drive manual? It’s always been an automatic; Jensen defends he can drive anything, but this way he doesn’t have to worry about shifting gears on top of everything else.
    Fan: Jensen, your Dean is showing! Jared *fans himself off, starts to unbutton Jensen’s shirt* Jensen to fan: I don’t even know what that means lol.
    Fan asks if they can enjoy TV or movies or do they get caught up in the technical stuff of the show? Jared says he has a lot of opinions about the productions of shows, which helps him weed out the bad so he is left with good ones. He likes Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and his “new friends” on Outlander.
    Jensen asks Billy (from Louden Swain) how it is with music. Billy talks about finding inspiration in other music. Jensen agrees with Jared about being able to weed out the bad productions, but it also allows them to appreciate a cool shot or scene and they can get lost in the art by appreciating the artists.
    The boys talk about Felicia and how much they love her and loved Charlie. She was like a sister to the boys. Jared: people ask a lot what I want to do when SPN ends, I say it’s not gonna end, but I would want to work with people like Felicia Day.
    Jensen: SPN will never end, let’s be clear. The show might, but what is built, this will never end.
    Asked about how many shenanigans happen in a day on set. Jensen: About as many shenanigans that just happened in the last five minutes, when we’re supposed to be working and professional.
    One of Jared’s favorite things is when he and Jensen are goofing off in between shooting scenes, and they’ll be working with a new guest star who isn’t used to them. Soon as action is called they snap back into Sam and Dean and it throws the guest stars off.
    Jared brings up Kim Manners, “may he rest in peace,” and how he once told the boys: “I spend more time with you than my wife, kids, dogs, home, so if we’re not having a good time why are we doing this?”
    Jensen adds that they never miss and opportunity to make a joke. Normally professionals resist the urge but they will purposefully make the joke. He tells a story about the crew messing around on set and how Jensen’s reaction was actually used in the take (him slowly turning and walking away).
    They act out messing with Brad Creasser (their camera operator). As Jensen is saying his lines, Jared is messing with Brad as he’s trying to film Jensen. They reenact what happens on set: Jared is playing with Jensen’s face who is pretending like he’s Brad trying to swat Jared away while holding the camera. Brad has to stay still because if he laughs the camera on his shoulder shakes. Brad never sells Jared out for it lol.
    Jensen: The gag reel to almost any season could probably be 3 to 4 hours long. He doesn’t know how they decide which moments to pick.
    They both have the s11 gag reel on their phones…but there are people that have questions, they say. Fan: If you have the gag reel, I can wait!!
    Because they are Sam and Dean, is Crowley and Rowena Boris and Natasha? (From Rocky and Bullwinkle). What does that make Castiel? Jensen: Dudley-Do-Wrong.
    Fan asks about tips on auditioning. Jared says he talked about that in his m&g earlier, also mentions he almost drank a beer by mistake in his m&g (thought it was a Diet Coke lol) but gave it to a fan because it was too early. Found that fan in the audience, told them, “Good on you” for drinking it.
    Jared said he was the original Dean in Gilmore Girls, Jensen brings up working with the original Sammy on Days of our Lives: “She, too, was a long haired female.” Jared: “The best ones are.”
    Back to the question: Jared tells the story about his old friend discovering all of the scripts he had from auditions he didn’t get. Showed her boxes full of scripts of auditions, friends jaw dropped. At the time Jared was 20, successful with Gilmore Girls and other projects, but he took it personally every time he heard no, and he heard no a 1,000 times. Started to question that maybe something’s wrong with him. But he learned with family and friends - gestures to Jensen - and second family - gestures to audience - that being told no doesn’t mean you’re not enough, you’re just meant for something else. Later he got to be Sam Winchester :) Advice: Don’t take it personally when you hear no, it’s their loss not yours.
    Jensen nods and agrees, also includes, don’t wait for no. Just keep going. Jensen explains he always gives his final performance every time in that audition and leaves. If they call back, then cool, but each time he would walk out that door he leaves it behind so he’s already moved on mentally if he hears that no. Jensen remembers putting his fist through drywall one of the times he got upset being told no, and it’s his dad who gave him the previous advice so he didn’t have to feel that way anymore.
    Jared asks Jensen what was that role? Jensen laughs, “Really?” Jared laughs and says he’s just kidding, but Jensen goes on to explain it was for a TV show for a pilot a long time ago. His buddy Shane (?) ended up booking it. The boys get into a private conversation briefly about it. Jensen tells the audience the fans would have never seen it because it didn’t get picked up. Shane (?) is still a buddy of Jared and Jensen’s (the other guy who was trying to get this role).
    Jared says that show didn’t get picked up because Jensen wasn’t in it. Mic drop. Their buddy told Jensen the same thing, that it should have been Jensen and it probably would have been picked up.
    A fan asks Jared if he ever had any unhealthy coping mechanisms (brings up drugs, drinking, self abuse as examples of what some people turn to) and how he got away from those. Jared: I’ve only had unhealthy coping mechanisms. Jensen: are there healthy ones? Jared says this is something near and dear to his soul and his friends and family. Seems reluctant to go into detail about what his unhealthy coping mechanisms are or were, but instead talks about how he went to see a mental health professional and still does, to learn to cope with anxiety and depression. Jared: I’m not qualified to give proper advice but I can say to go to the right people. Uses a couple of examples, such as, if you want to learn kickboxing then you see an expert in that field. Jared needed help with his mental health so he went to a mental health doctor. He truly wishes that for everybody; starts talking about the stigma of mental health, how if someone has anxiety others might tell them to “oh, just relax.” Which doesn’t make sense. Jared says there’s no shame in it, and it can affect anybody. He says how sometimes people are like, “Why are you sad, you’re rich?” Jared says, “fuck that.” His greatest lesson in life was realizing before it was too late that he needed help figuring out what was going on in his head.
    Jensen: If I wasn’t bowlegged, I’d be 6′5″. Fan brings up how Jensen was told he had perfect ear canals. Jared looks, says, “Oh my god, it’s true. I thought it was just his eyes!” Jensen: It’s a package deal man. My man and dad, they ordered the works.
    Jared is asked about the video he posted of him and Shep dancing. He talks about how they have a deal on hiatus where they always have dinner together and Sunday breakfast, and it was on Jared’s back porch, they were listening to music, and Shep wanted to dance. Jared talks about how Shep does things his way. He also says that from day one Shep and Jensen had a special bond, Jensen agrees with a smile. Shep will often try hard not to laugh at stuff because he’s “too cool for school.”
    Misha delivers drinks to J2. Misha introduces them to the pizza man from Misha’s panel the day before, Timothy. Jared and Jensen welcome Timothy and his sister on stage, then there are some shenanigans with Richard and Rob who join them on stage, too.
    A fan asks what their favorite scents are to smell on people? Jared whispers to Jensen and then says, “Some things are better left between the Winchesters.” Jared says during photo ops he doesn’t know what people really smell like because he doesn’t know what perfume or cologne they’re wearing. The boys reenacts photo ops, Jared introducing himself as a fan to Jensen who then inhales Jared’s scent after Jared announces what he’s wearing lol.
    Jensen does comedy elbows. Richard: Did you just do comedy elbows? Jensen explains to him everything that has to go into doing the comedy elbows lol.
    Last question: What obscure sport or activity do they want to try? Jared: ultimate Frisbee. Says Jensen would do the squirrel shoot parachute diving. Jensen: That’s no lie. Nothing on but a squirrel suit? Sign me up! Jensen says he would be into base-jumping. They ask the fan abouto her activities, she brings up speech. Jared says he did that in schoo, too. She asks him which one? Jared lists of a BUNCH of speech categories he participated in, calls himself a nerd lol.
    The fan also mentions she plays badminton. Jensen: We play good-minton. Jared is excited at Jensen’s pun, and then says, because we’re not the Losechesters.
    They thank the fans - Jared: To quote (paraphrase) Dean: Without you, there’d be no us.
    Info via: Periscope, Periscope, Periscope, Sil’s livetweeters list
    http://sammyhale.tumblr.com/post/145831006...2016-main-panel

271 replies since 31/1/2016, 12:59   2805 views