8x17 Addio Sconosciuto

« Older   Newer »

1. trimmer

Cacciatore/trice Soprannaturale

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Exclusive Interview with Robbie Thompson: Nerding Out & Discussing Every Supernatural Episode He Wrote

Nerds and Beyond: So next episode is season 8, episode 17, Goodbye Stranger.

Robbie: It’s funny, I’m looking at them back to back.

Nerds and Beyond: I don’t know if you know that, Rachel Miner, she’s here. She’s facilitating one of the panels.

Robbie: I’ve never met her IRL! (UPDATE (from Robbie): Shortly after this interview, we met in real life for the first time and I adore her even more. She is an absolute treasure of a human being!)

Nerds and Beyond: I think she was brilliant in this episode, just in general.

Robbie: Absolutely. I didn’t, in my time at Supernatural, write a lot of myth episodes. I mostly wrote like, weird episodes or stand-alones. But this is one of the times where I was asked to kind of help move the story along for the season, and I knew Meg was gonna be in it, and I knew there was a plan to kill that character. I am a huge fan of Rachel, from all of her work. But when she appears in her first episode as Meg, and I love everyone who performed as Meg, Jared’s performance as Meg is great too. But when Rachel comes in, she says one of my favorite lines in the whole show, a reference to a Paul Simon song, “These are the days of miracle and wonder.” The way she delivers that line, it’s a tough line to get out, it’s a tough line to give nuance, it’s a tough line to give subtext. But she just destroyed it. It was one of my favorite entrances to a character, even though we knew that character from before. It was always one of my favorite moments. I knew that Meg had been back in our universe for a while, and it was really important to me to make sure that we gave her the best send-off that we could. That was just pure joy. That whole episode, it was really special to get to work with Rachel. I just think she’s a really gifted actor. She has that thing that really great actors have which is, she just puts a spin on the line that you’re not really expecting. She can throw it away in a way that makes it feel like it really is something that came from deep down inside. I remember watching the dailies and she has that line which is a reference to Star Wars, and I was like, again, it’s a line that can come across as cheesy or it can come across as, oh it’s someone being foolish. But she delivers it in a way that it’s really clear that she has been living in that room, being tortured for quite a while. And could really just give two shits about who opened the door. That’s a hard thing to do, and it was a great choice. It’s not in the description, there’s no parenthetical there, she just had lived with that character so long that she knew exactly the right way to take the lines and make them more. That’s one of my favorite things about that episode, is getting a chance to work with Rachel and I have always loved that song [Goodbye Stranger]. Putting that in at the end. But, she’s a real treasure. I don’t feel guilty about any character I’ve killed, and I’ve pitched killing characters that I never got the chance to kill. I pitched killing every single–Whoever your fave is, I’ve pitched killing them. But that’s the only one I regret, just because I just wanted to write for her again. And I hopefully will get the chance to do so again, she’s a terrific, terrific actor.

http://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2018/03/19/e...isode-he-wrote/

337 replies since 27/12/2012, 20:33   8661 views